- Welder Assistant
- Welder SMAW
- Students will be prepared to take an AWS (American Welding Society) Exam
- Welder, Solder, Brazer can be expected to make between $21,630 and $82,350 a
- Salary estimates are not guaranteed. Source:www.Salary.com
SunTech Business Office
4057 California St.
Brooksville, FL 34604
The mission of Suncoast Technical Education is to specialize in developing and promoting innovative programs for our students to meet the evolving a needs of the community.
This program includes classroom and shop instruction and prepares students for employment in the welding industry. The course is multi-tiered and students entering this program will develop the knowledge and skills, both basic and intermediary, for employment in Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Flux-Core Arc Welding and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding to professional competency. The training includes but is not limited to, use of blueprints and/or shop drawings, use of gases and/or welding processes according to diagram, blueprints or written specifications.
- Welder Assistant 1 — 150 Hours
- Welder Assistant 2 — 150 Hours
- Welder, SMAW 1 — 150 Hours
- Welder, SMAW 2 — 150 Hours
- Welder — 450 Hours
The State of Florida requires students to meetthe basic skill level requirement priorto program completion.
The basic skills grade levels for this program are:
- Math: 9
- Language: 9
- Reading: 9
- Uniform: Closed toe shoes, Dickie’s work wear
A student must have passed all required courses in the program and satisfied all financial obligations before he or she is eligible to receive a certifi-cate of completion for the program.
Tuition: $2.92 per program hour (1,050 Hours)
*Tuition and all fees are subject to change - refer to supply list for pricing
Monday through Thursday, 4PM - 9pm (53 weeks)
Central High School
14075 Ken Austin Parkway, Brooksville, FL 34613