ABE - Adult Basic Education (Pre-GED)
Adult Basic Education involves non-credit courses designed to develop literacy skills necessary for successful employment and citizenship. Adult Basic Education prepares students to enroll in the GED preparation courses. Students in ABE classes work on skills in Reading, Math, and Language. The cost is $30.00 per term.
GED General Educational Preparation Classes
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for academic and personal success by obtaining the necessary skills required to pass the official GED Test and be awarded the State of Florida High School Diploma. The cost is $30.00 per term.
- At least 16 years of age
- Formally withdrawn for high school
- Minors must submit an Underage Minor application
If you are under 18, you must complete a Minor Application to take classes with us. If you want to take the exam, without classes, you will need to obtain an Underage Waiver. Follow the steps below:
- Take and pass all sections of the GED Ready exams offered on ged.com
- Submit a copy of your exams to Sophia Watson, Director of Postsecondary and Adult Education
- Attend a meeting between yourself, parent/guardian and Mrs. Watson
Orientation and TABE
Prior to attending class, students will be required to complete orientation and TABE testing. Orientations are every other Friday at the Brooksville office. Please plan to be there from 9am to 4pm.
We have a cap and gown graduation each Spring. Students who successfully obtain their GED, Adult High School diploma or SunTech certificate can participate. The graduation fee is $40, which includes a cap, gown and tassel.
Class Schedule 2021-22 (tentative)
Monday, and Wednesday
- S. Brooksville from 9:30am to 12pm
- Pristine Baptist from 1pm to 3:30pm
Tuesday and Thursday
- Brooksville from 9:30am to 12pm
- People Helping People from 1pm to 3:30pm
- NTC from 5:30pm to 8pm