GED Testing Services
The GED exam is offered through GED Testing Services, for anyone ages 18 or older. Hernando County does have a local testing center; however registration and payment arrangements are made at myged.com. All students under the age of 18 must have an Underage Waiver prior to scheduling your test. In Florida, a student who is 16 or 17 is required to meet the conditions set by the school district in which he/she resides or attends school.
The 2014 version of the test is administered on computer only (paper test is given only as an accommodation for certain disabilities) and covers four areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Mathematical Reasoning
To access resources to familiarize yourself with the GED exam, click on the following link www.myged.com. Set up an account by using a valid email address. Access the site to view additional information and resources.
To schedule a GED® exam with our testing center go to ged.com and follow the instructions. To register, you must set up an account and have the following information available:
- A major credit card or a debit card to pay your fees online (fees may vary by testing center
- Your valid government-issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, Florida ID Card)
- Social Security Number
You can register for either:
- Full battery (all 4 sections: Reasoning through Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Mathematical Reasoning)
- Individual tests (time varies by test)
GED Transcripts Request:
If before January 1, 2014 go to ged.fldoe.org and follow instructions.
If after January 1, 2014 go to your myGED™ account.